Here you'll find a continually-updating list of QBIPOC organizations to support, donate to, and invest in.
The LGBTQIA+ community cannot celebrate Pride without speaking up against systemic injustice.
Pride began as a protest.
Pride means standing for what's right & focusing on creating a safe world where basic human rights aren't infringed upon.
Education & investing time into decolonizing ourselves is an every day effort - before this revolution & long after.
Please email us if you'd like to add to this collective list! We grow together.
- (F)empower Community Bond Fund: queer feminist organization whose funds go towards posting bond for those who can’t afford it. Website: www.linktr.ee/fempowermia
- Black Trans Travel Fund: pays for private car rides for Black trans women in NY & NJ so they have access to safe transportation. Website: www.blacktranstravelfund.com/
- For the Gworls: assists Black trans folks with rent and affirmative surgery. IG: @forthegworls.
- The Okra Project: seeks to address the global crisis faced by Black Trans people by providing home-cooked, culturally-specific meals, & resources to Black trans people. Also funds The Nina Pop Mental and Tony McDade Health Recovery Funds: an emergency mutual aid fund that pays for one-time mental health therapy sessions with licensed Black trans therapists. Website: www.theokraproject.com/
- G.L.I.T.S.: provides housing for Black trans people recently released from Rikers island and other resources for transgender sex workers’ needs, health, housing, and safety. Website: https://glitsinc.org/
- Queer BIPOC Mental Health Counseling Fund: free mental health services for queer, black indigenous, and POC folks. Website: www.linktr.ee/fearlessfemme100
- Lysistrata: an online-based, community-run sex worker mutual care collective. Fights against industry exploitation & emphasizes that sex work is work. Provides financial assistance to marginalized community members struggling due to illness, injury, homelessness, wrongful arrest/incarceration, unstable or abusive working conditions, domestic violence, discrimination, & other factors affecting their ability to live. Website: www.lysistratamccf.org/
- Black LGBTQIA + Migrant Project (BLMP): provides cash assistance to Black LGBTQ migrants and first generation people dealing with COVID-19 impacts. Website: www.transgenderlawcenter.org/programs/blmp
- Black Trans Femmes in the Arts: collective of Black trans women nd nobinary femmes creating space for Black trans femmes in the arts. IG: @btfacollective
- Spicy Zine: A collective led by women of color and queer/trans people of color working at the intersection of art, organizing, and publishing. Dedicated to dismantling all patriarchal/colonialist/capitalist systems that are punitive and harmful to people & planet. Website: www.spicyzine.com/
- Bklyn Boi Hood: Queer and trans bois of color who create spaces for Black, brown queer and trans bois & communities can cultivate stories, dreams and creative work. Website: www.bklynboihood.com/
- Brave Space Alliance: Black-led, trans-led LGBTQ center on the South Side of Chicago. Website: www.bravespacealliance.org
- Femmepremacy: NYC QTPOC event space centering Black femmes IG: @femmepremacy
- LGBTQ+ Freedom Fund: posts bail to secure safety and liberty of LGBT people in jail & immigration detention and raises awareness of epidemic of LGBTQ overincarceration. Website: www.lgbtqfund.org/
- Trans Justice Funding Project: community-led grassroots, trans justice group-run by and for trans people. Website: www.transjusticefundingproject.org/
- Black Visions Collective: Black, trans, queer-led organization committed to dismantling oppressive systems, violence, and creating long-term change. Website: www.blackvisionsmn.org
- The Marsha P. Johnson Institute: advocates for the rights of Black transgender people and creating intentional community for healing, developing transformative leadership, & promoting collective power. Website: www.marshap.org/
- Center for Black Equity: supports leaders, institutions, & programs for health, economic, and social equity for Black LGBTQ people. Website: www.centerforblackequity.org/
- National Black Justice Coalition: civil rights organization empowering Black LGBTQ people and those living with HIV AIDS. Committed to ending racism and stigma towards LGTBQIA+ community. Website: www.new.nbjc.org/
- Black Queer and Intersectional Collective: grassroots community organization working towards the liberation of Black queer, trans, & intersex people through direct action, community organizing, education, & creating spaces to uplift their voices. Website: www.bqic.net
- East Africa Trans Health and Advocacy Network: network of trans, diverse activists and organizations in East Africa Website: www.eathan.org
- Trans Women of Color Collective: national organizing collective led by trans women of color created to uplift the narratives, leadership, & lived experience of trans folks of color. Website: www.twocc.us
- Black Transmen Inc: nonprofit empowering Black trans men & addressing issues related to race, sexual orientation, and gender identity. Website: www.blacktransmen.org/
- Homeless Black Trans Women Fund: provides save housing, food, and living expenses for Black trans women in Atlanta who are sex workers and/or homeless. Website: www.gofundme.com/f/homeless-black-trans-women-fund
- House of GG: creates safe spaces, programs, services, and resources that positively impact the lives, history, and visibility of the Black trans community, transgender, gender-questioning, and gender-nonconforming people. Website: https://houseofgg.org/
- Sisters PGH: Black trans-led center providing support & emergency shelter for trans and non-binary people in Pittsburg. Website: www.sisterspgh.org/
- Mazzoni Center: dedicated to providing quality comprehensive health & wellness services in an LGBTQ-focused environment, while preserving the dignity & improving their quality of life. Website: www.mazzonicenter.org
- Colours Organization: provides community building, health, & wellness services to the Black LGBT community in Philadelphia since 1991. Website: www.coloursorganization.org
- Youth Breakout: seeks to end criminalization of LGBTQIA+ & questioning youth to build a safer, just New Orleans. They build on the rich cultural tradition of resistance in the South to build the power of LGBTQ youth ages 13-25 and directly impacted by the criminal justice system through youth organizing, healing justice, & leadership development programs. Website: www.youthbreakout.org
- Snap Co: peer-led designed programs grounded in a Black Trans Futurist Framework for Practical Abolition. political education, embodied leadership practices, & transformative campaigns that support the development of trans leadership in Atlanta & Black liberation. Website: www.snap4freedom.org
- Black AIDS Institute: capacity building, mobilization, policy, & advocacy efforts from Black leaders & communities across the country to provide high quality direct HIV services & linkage to care to Black people. Deeply committed to exposing the systems & roots of oppression used around the world and in the US to particularly marginalize Black people as a whole. Revolutionizing the HIV service industry to center & uplift Black experiences to allow them to live their fullest, healthiest lives with dignity, care, & respect. Website: www.Blackaids.org
- Fund for SD Queer Black Housing: housing for Black queers in need of immediate safe housing in San Diego, CA. IG: @sdblackqueerhousing
- Princess Janae Place: provides housing referrals for chronically homeless LGBTQ adults in NY tri-state area, emphasizing Trans/GNC people of color. Website: www.princessjanaeplace.org/
- Transgender Law Center: changes laws & policies so all people can live safely and free from discrimination regardless of gender identity/expression. Website: www.transgenderlawcenter.org
- Queer the Land: collaborative project focused on creating a movement-building space to generate income and be a political hub for QTBIPOC & community organizing. Website: www.queertheland.org/
- The Heavenly Angel Fund: pays for car rides of Black transgender women to get tested for COVID-19 & care packages for Black trans women who have been tested for the virus. Website: www.linktr.ee/mizzjune
- FIERCE: LGBTQ youth of color-led organization building leadership, political consciousness, & skills of LGBTQ youth by organizing campaigns to fight police harassment & violence, and increase access to safe LGBTQ public space. Website: www.fiercenyc.org
- Sylvia Rivera Law Project: organization focused on making sure all people are free to determine their gender identity/expression without harassment or discrimination. Website: www.srlp.org
- National Queer and Trans Therapists of Color Network: healing justice organization transforming mental health for queer and trans POC. Website: www.nqttcn.com/