Here you'll find a continually-updating list of QBIPOC organizations to support, donate to, and invest in.
The LGBTQIA+ community cannot celebrate Pride without speaking up against systemic injustice.
Pride began as a protest. Without the queer, trans Black & Brown community, we wouldn’t have LGBTQIA+ rights.
Education & investing time into decolonizing ourselves is an every day effort. Being queer does not erase colonized conditioning, and as LGBTQIA+ folks (/humans), we should care about elevating & protecting QBIPOC. ‘Good intentions’ don’t negate harmful actions.
Queerness inherently reminds us how we wouldn’t be here without Marsha P. Johnson, Sylvia Rivera, & the countless QBIPOC folks who continue to create joy & pave the way to a more equitable world. Let us not allow the emotional labor to keep falling on their shoulders.
Please email us if you'd like to add to this collective list! We grow together.
- (F)empower Community Bond Fund: queer feminist organization whose funds go towards posting bond for those who can’t afford it. Website: www.linktr.ee/fempowermia
- Black Trans Travel Fund: pays for private car rides for Black trans women in NY & NJ so they have access to safe transportation. Website: www.blacktranstravelfund.com/
- For the Gworls: assists Black trans folks with rent and affirmative surgery. IG: @forthegworls.
- The Okra Project: seeks to address the global crisis faced by Black Trans people by providing home-cooked, culturally-specific meals, & resources to Black trans people. Also funds The Nina Pop Mental and Tony McDade Health Recovery Funds: an emergency mutual aid fund that pays for one-time mental health therapy sessions with licensed Black trans therapists. Website: www.theokraproject.com/
- G.L.I.T.S.: provides housing for Black trans people recently released from Rikers island and other resources for transgender sex workers’ needs, health, housing, and safety. Website: https://glitsinc.org/
- Queer BIPOC Mental Health Counseling Fund: free mental health services for queer, black indigenous, and POC folks. Website: www.linktr.ee/fearlessfemme100
- Lysistrata: an online-based, community-run sex worker mutual care collective. Fights against industry exploitation & emphasizes that sex work is work. Provides financial assistance to marginalized community members struggling due to illness, injury, homelessness, wrongful arrest/incarceration, unstable or abusive working conditions, domestic violence, discrimination, & other factors affecting their ability to live. Website: www.lysistratamccf.org/
- Black LGBTQIA + Migrant Project (BLMP): provides cash assistance to Black LGBTQ migrants and first generation people dealing with COVID-19 impacts. Website: www.transgenderlawcenter.org/programs/blmp
- Black Trans Femmes in the Arts: collective of Black trans women nd nobinary femmes creating space for Black trans femmes in the arts. IG: @btfacollective
- Spicy Zine: A collective led by women of color and queer/trans people of color working at the intersection of art, organizing, and publishing. Dedicated to dismantling all patriarchal/colonialist/capitalist systems that are punitive and harmful to people & planet. Website: www.spicyzine.com/
- Bklyn Boi Hood: Queer and trans bois of color who create spaces for Black, brown queer and trans bois & communities can cultivate stories, dreams and creative work. Website: www.bklynboihood.com/
- Brave Space Alliance: Black-led, trans-led LGBTQ center on the South Side of Chicago. Website: www.bravespacealliance.org
- Femmepremacy: NYC QTPOC event space centering Black femmes IG: @femmepremacy
- LGBTQ+ Freedom Fund: posts bail to secure safety and liberty of LGBT people in jail & immigration detention and raises awareness of epidemic of LGBTQ overincarceration. Website: www.lgbtqfund.org/
- Trans Justice Funding Project: community-led grassroots, trans justice group-run by and for trans people. Website: www.transjusticefundingproject.org/
- Black Visions Collective: Black, trans, queer-led organization committed to dismantling oppressive systems, violence, and creating long-term change. Website: www.blackvisionsmn.org
- The Marsha P. Johnson Institute: advocates for the rights of Black transgender people and creating intentional community for healing, developing transformative leadership, & promoting collective power. Website: www.marshap.org/
- Center for Black Equity: supports leaders, institutions, & programs for health, economic, and social equity for Black LGBTQ people. Website: www.centerforblackequity.org/
- National Black Justice Coalition: civil rights organization empowering Black LGBTQ people and those living with HIV AIDS. Committed to ending racism and stigma towards LGTBQIA+ community. Website: www.new.nbjc.org/
- Black Queer and Intersectional Collective: grassroots community organization working towards the liberation of Black queer, trans, & intersex people through direct action, community organizing, education, & creating spaces to uplift their voices. Website: www.bqic.net
- East Africa Trans Health and Advocacy Network: network of trans, diverse activists and organizations in East Africa Website: www.eathan.org
- Trans Women of Color Collective: national organizing collective led by trans women of color created to uplift the narratives, leadership, & lived experience of trans folks of color. Website: www.twocc.us
- Black Transmen Inc: nonprofit empowering Black trans men & addressing issues related to race, sexual orientation, and gender identity. Website: www.blacktransmen.org/
- Homeless Black Trans Women Fund: provides save housing, food, and living expenses for Black trans women in Atlanta who are sex workers and/or homeless. Website: www.gofundme.com/f/homeless-black-trans-women-fund
- House of GG: creates safe spaces, programs, services, and resources that positively impact the lives, history, and visibility of the Black trans community, transgender, gender-questioning, and gender-nonconforming people. Website: https://houseofgg.org/
- Sisters PGH: Black trans-led center providing support & emergency shelter for trans and non-binary people in Pittsburg. Website: www.sisterspgh.org/
- Mazzoni Center: dedicated to providing quality comprehensive health & wellness services in an LGBTQ-focused environment, while preserving the dignity & improving their quality of life. Website: www.mazzonicenter.org
- Colours Organization: provides community building, health, & wellness services to the Black LGBT community in Philadelphia since 1991. Website: www.coloursorganization.org
- Youth Breakout: seeks to end criminalization of LGBTQIA+ & questioning youth to build a safer, just New Orleans. They build on the rich cultural tradition of resistance in the South to build the power of LGBTQ youth ages 13-25 and directly impacted by the criminal justice system through youth organizing, healing justice, & leadership development programs. Website: www.youthbreakout.org
- Snap Co: peer-led designed programs grounded in a Black Trans Futurist Framework for Practical Abolition. political education, embodied leadership practices, & transformative campaigns that support the development of trans leadership in Atlanta & Black liberation. Website: www.snap4freedom.org
- Black AIDS Institute: capacity building, mobilization, policy, & advocacy efforts from Black leaders & communities across the country to provide high quality direct HIV services & linkage to care to Black people. Deeply committed to exposing the systems & roots of oppression used around the world and in the US to particularly marginalize Black people as a whole. Revolutionizing the HIV service industry to center & uplift Black experiences to allow them to live their fullest, healthiest lives with dignity, care, & respect. Website: www.Blackaids.org
- Fund for SD Queer Black Housing: housing for Black queers in need of immediate safe housing in San Diego, CA. IG: @sdblackqueerhousing
- Princess Janae Place: provides housing referrals for chronically homeless LGBTQ adults in NY tri-state area, emphasizing Trans/GNC people of color. Website: www.princessjanaeplace.org/
- Transgender Law Center: changes laws & policies so all people can live safely and free from discrimination regardless of gender identity/expression. Website: www.transgenderlawcenter.org
- Queer the Land: collaborative project focused on creating a movement-building space to generate income and be a political hub for QTBIPOC & community organizing. Website: www.queertheland.org/
- The Heavenly Angel Fund: pays for car rides of Black transgender women to get tested for COVID-19 & care packages for Black trans women who have been tested for the virus. Website: www.linktr.ee/mizzjune
- FIERCE: LGBTQ youth of color-led organization building leadership, political consciousness, & skills of LGBTQ youth by organizing campaigns to fight police harassment & violence, and increase access to safe LGBTQ public space. Website: www.fiercenyc.org
- Sylvia Rivera Law Project: organization focused on making sure all people are free to determine their gender identity/expression without harassment or discrimination. Website: www.srlp.org
- National Queer and Trans Therapists of Color Network: healing justice organization transforming mental health for queer and trans POC. Website: www.nqttcn.com/